On 10 December, the EU Directors General for Civil Protection gathered at Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg. The meeting is conducted during each chairman year and the aim is that Directors General of Civil Protection and the European Commission to carryv out informal discussions on current issues, and on the further development of civil protection.
Helena Lindberg, Director General The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB), represented Sweden at the meeting. In addition to the 150 Directors General and others, attended some fifteen invited representatives from Saab, Volvo AB, Ericsson, and Chalmers.
Program December 10, 2009:
13.00 Lunch at restaurant Tres, Lindholmen Science Park
14:30 Presentations and demonstrations
• Introduction to Lindholmen Science Park and the Security Arena Lindholmen, Niklas Wahlberg, president of Lindholmen Science Park.
• Theme 1: Socio-critical transports, Leif Axelsson, Product Area Manager, AB Volvo.
- Reality-based test for the safe and efficient transportation in an operational logistics chain.
• Theme 2: Mobile broadband for security in society, Ingvar Oderland, Business Development Manager NSPS, Ericsson.
- Examples of secure information flow for emergency personnel and public power.
• Theme 3: Surveillance and early warning, Kenny Norberg, Sales and Marketing Director, Saab Security.
- Improved monitoring of socio-critical infrastructures - case from the Baltic Sea.
• Theme 4: Methods and systems for robust and safe crisis management, Professor Erland Jonsson, Chalmers University of Technology
- Security aspects for the safe management and protection of critical infrastructure.
• Concluding discussion
For further information contact:
Anita Bengtson, Communications, Lindholmen Science Park
Tel: 031-764 70 20